Join the Neopoet online poetry workshop and community to improve as a writer, meet fellow poets, and showcase your work. Sign up, submit your poetry, and get started.

critique

Forums: 

Such a pity fellow poets are not interested in commenting on poems you feel are worth commenting on - they tend to wait for something they can virtually tear apart.

Commenting is a two way street. Anytime you feel your
poem has been "torn apart" it is very acceptable here to
say so. There are places on the net where it isn't and I for
one am glad that here everyone's view is allowed. If you
want someone in particular to view your poem, you could
always pm them and ask, of course it would be only courteous
to offer feedback on their work as well (probably beforehand).

This site isn't seeing the traffic it did at one time but we are
still here and attempting to make it inviting for all poets.

regards,
Richard

I have to agree with Richard, you should make it known what level of crit you want, when you post your poem there are options available and the poets can then give you the level of crit that you've asked for :)

sincerely Jayne-Chloe

“The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” — W.B. Yeats

thnx for responding. I need the raw truth. I try my best to comment on as many poems as possible. Maybe I am a bit frustrated - sometimes one feels that, what you consider to be a good write, sits on its lonesome for quite a while.

author comment

I figured out a long while back that I can't judge my own stuff. When I post what I think might be well above average It seems there are mistakes galore. Then when I post a "throw away" poem people often love it lol.

Of course there's also that thing inside me (and maybe others?) which when I read a very good poem, it makes me want to help the author make it even better and thus I give it more time..............stan

"Critique, don't comment"
http://www.neopoet.com/community-guidelines

I have tracked all your comments and there is not one single instance of critique.

You are far more likely to receive useful feedback on your work if you give useful feedback to others.

On the other hand, your work is of an extremely high standard and others may find it difficult to say much more than a glib positive comment.

cheers,
Jess
A new workshop on the most important element of poetry-
'Rhythm and Meter in Poetry'
https://www.neopoet.com/workshop/rhythm-and-meter-poetry

for well considered constructive critique than "thanks for posting".

cheers,
Jess
A new workshop on the most important element of poetry-
'Rhythm and Meter in Poetry'
https://www.neopoet.com/workshop/rhythm-and-meter-poetry

for the response.... can only help one grow. don't misinterpret my words - simply cannot do without your critique.

author comment

Your subject has been the point of a few workshops and as the others say this is the main aim of Neopoet critique..
I agree with the others, but you are probably not receiving enough comments this is one thing that the site may at sometime sort out, I sometimes put a list of how many comments I have done, to the number received it is in the hundred to one category.
There are a lot of poets that don't reply to comments and that is the worse thing.

There is one aspect that Neopoet is possibly looking into and that is with all the knowledge we have here there is scope for producing a book of excellent poetry at sometime.
We just have to wait for a while, though nowadays an "E" book could take Neopoet to everyone..
You just have to have a sense of humour and if no one comments on a poem it must be excellent lol,
Yours Ian.T.

There are a million reasons to believe in yourself,
So find more reasons to believe in others..

thnx for responding. Couldn't agree more... we have some outstanding talent here. Your idea about a book of poetry could only be beneficiary and take us to new heights.
Yours.
nokros

author comment
(c) Neopoet.com. No copyright is claimed by Neopoet to original member content.