Join the Neopoet online poetry workshop and community to improve as a writer, meet fellow poets, and showcase your work. Sign up, submit your poetry, and get started.

trying to collect work from original neo site, archives seem to be down

Forums: 

I had been going to archive.neopoet.com to save my work from the original neo site. I had saved some to my hard drive from the archived version but lately it seems like the archive is down.

To try and access and save the rest my old poems tonight (prior the the neo crash last year) I've also gone through google and waybackmachine caches for neo (this helps but has some dead links and don't quite have all my poetry back yet). I am saving them back onto my hard drive to begin working on my website and posting my work.

Is there a chance that the archive.neopoet.com site will come back up or is there another website that I could use to find the cached copies?

Thanks!

No it isn't Andrew. You can log in, but try to retrieve the poetry! I tried from stream, (which I got) then this message keeps reappearing.

I am frustrated and angry. Also what happened to April through July's work which didn't come up last time the fix was fixed for a couple of days?

Logo

Website Outage
As of 8:11 pm on 21 July 2011, our web hosting provider is in touch with us and is exploring the reason for the outage.

Hello,

We are currently suffering an outage on our website. We routinely backup our data, including:
--A live (near real time) backup of our database to an offsite server
--Daily backup of database and all file content to a alternate onsite memory card
--Daily backup of database and all file content to an offsite server
--N+30 (monthly) and N+7 (weekly) historical archive to an offsite server
--Offsite server is managed by a well known and financially stable commercial hosting organization. This organization creates daily backups of the offsite server
--A script tests the basic integrity of the backup and disseminates this daily to a core management team at Neopoet
--Other, not disclosed, steps

We believe it is likely, based on the steps above, that your data is intact.

There are many possible sources for a interruption in services, and we have not yet determined the cause. In a worse case scenario, if we needed to relaunch Neopoet from our backups without access to our current hardware, this would take between 2 hours and 5 days, primarily based on the availability of key people.

Andrew

Sign in Recent Site Activity Terms Report Abuse Print page | Powered by Google Sites

The front page directs you to go to http://archive.neopoet.com/downloadall to get a complete archive of all of your work.

I've added a second link on the front page on top that makes this more visible.

Unfortunately late April 2010 is our latest backup.

Thank you for this :) I've been trying to retrieve my work too and finding it difficult, worked for me tonight though following Andrew's link above :) many thanks and much love Beki xxx

'God turns you from one feeling to another
and teaches by means of opposites,
so that you will have two wings to fly,
not one.' (...Rumi)

The archive website I was directed to will not accept my old password or my new one.

Did the "forgot password" function work?

http://archive.neopoet.com/user/password

I have tried numerous times to download all my work on the single page from the site but it won't let me log in either with my new or old password. I can access the stream but I'd rather not got through all 4000 pages to find my work. I can log in from the home page but the archive page keeps telling me I have the wrong username or password. Am I doing something wrong?

Did you try the "forgot password" function?

http://archive.neopoet.com/user/password

I tried resetting it but it says it doesn't recognize my username or email. I tried creating a new account under the name Rainy Day and like the old one I can still log on to the regular site but not the archives.

Do you recall when you created the account? If it was after May 2010, your work doesn't appear in our back up. Our apologies. I don't see an account on the archive site by the name of Shane or Rainy Day

I do, however, see a ShaneAS, a sha_onarainyday, a rainysmile, and a rainypainter/

I believe it was in 09' at the earliest but I could be mistaken. Another member told me he found one of my poems under the username shane within the archive stream but when he clicked to comment it vanished. I believe at one time I did come across them but its been awhile ago. I had twins last June and things have been very hectic since. I'll try the cache again. Could you give me an example of how to type it in? Perhaps I'm typing it in wrong when I search. Thank you for your help.

Could you give an example title of one of your works? I'll take a look.

Here are a few I posted:

Why is it?
Birds of Paradise
Haunt Me
There were more. I will check my notes and see which others I posted. I have back up hard copies for some but some I didn't back up. I seem to have lost my notes on these. Thank for all of your help.

I found "Why is it?" from 2008: http://archive.neopoet.com/Life90-EAS under the name Life90 E.A.S. -- however I couldn't find the other titles you mentioned.

Thank you so much for trying. That 'why is it?' isn't mine. I do appreciate your help very much. Thank you

I need to finally go back to rescue my work from oblivion.

Please help, Andrew!

~Anna

I'm very sorry - but we can't offer that site any more. The code is now 5+ years old, and there are many security issues that have since been exposed. We just don't have the resources to monitor it. We made a good effort to keep it up as long as we did.

to write poetry on paper Then post to web. Never heard of a notebook "crashing".

(c) Neopoet.com. No copyright is claimed by Neopoet to original member content.